Digital Project Manager
Please note that this role requires you to be in Lviv or happy to relocate to Lviv after the war
Start date: ASAP - we are interviewing on a rolling basis
Job type: 5 days a week, permanent
Salary: $1,500 - $2,000/month FTE
Experience: 3 years of experience
We’re a London and Lviv-based communications consultancy that helps experts advance policy conversations.
We want to see robust democracies, with people better engaged with the decisions and policies that affect them. Using data, strategy and design, we build powerful campaigns that give big ideas the impact they deserve.
We work with NGOs, think tanks, and university research centres to better connect policy expertise to the audiences that matter — to craft policy ideas into human-shaped stories, and breathe life into them.
We are active in our support for Ukraine in light of Russia’s invasion. We’ve raised and donated over £45,000 for Ukraine, and our colleagues have appeared on BBC, ITV, and on various websites to talk about their experiences and help shape the narrative towards Ukraine in the UK. Our CEO recently cycled from London to Ukraine to raise money, and 'drew' a map of Ukraine around London in support of Ukraine.
We are looking for a Digital Project Manager to manage our digital and creative team on web-related projects across both our core policy-focused business and our secondary agency-focused business.
This will involve supporting on the initial strategy work (user research, information architecture development, etc.) through wire-framing and design, and into development.
We'll be looking to you to manage and lead these projects from start to finish, and develop your own client relationships. You’ll work closely with our teams in both London, UK, and Lviv, Ukraine.
You’ll be someone who can quickly build relationships (clients and colleagues), has a keen eye for detail, and is able to anticipate issues before they become problems. You’ll have a sense of urgency about you, and not be afraid to muck in to the most mundane of jobs.
You’ll also know what you are talking about when it comes to website development. While we don’t expect you to be a developer, we are looking for someone that understands dev chat and knows WordPress well. You will need to be able to translate client requirements into specific developer tasks, and vice versa, be able to translate a technical consideration into language a client can engage with.
You should be able to answer like these questions (without having to Google them):
What is ACF?
How straightforward would it be for a developer to install Yoast, and why would you?
What is CSS minifying and why would you do it?
Working at Cast From Clay is about more than just client work. You’ll be someone with ideas. Someone who thinks outside the box.
At a philosophical level, you’ll care about democracy and be hungry to change the way policy experts perceive their role in society. You won’t be someone that is content with the status quo, whether your politics are on the right or the left.
We couldn’t care less what your political views are, as long as you have some. It is important that you are comfortable being challenged on your politics — we debate constantly.
What we are looking for
- Excellent English;
- 4+ years of digital project management experience;
- An intermediate knowledge of WordPress;
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS and PHP;
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics;
- Experience working in an agency or other fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrable client management skills;
- Experience coordinating and working with dev teams;
- Good writing skills and eye for design;
- Diligent, proactive, excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic;
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst not letting the ball drop on other projects;
- Working self-sufficiently and as part of a team.
Nice to have:
- Interest in current affairs and desire to challenge status quo;
- Degree in communications, advertising, marketing or journalism;
- Project management software or ticketing (Monday, Trello, Asana or similar)
- SEO and PPC;
- Testing and QA experience;
- Interest in emerging AI technologies (ChatGPT, Midjourney etc).
What we offer
- Competitive salary with an opportunity to grow;
- All expenses annual work trip to London (when possible);
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work in an office one day per week;
- Friendly, supportive working environment, and budget for team activities;
- Company laptop and $200 contribution towards kitting out your home workspace;
- An annual professional development allowance to support your growth;
- 25 paid days off per year plus Ukraine bank holidays.
If this sounds like you, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: Digital Project Manager”. Please include:
- A short covering letter in the body of your email that includes the below (we don’t need any more than this):
- 100 words on an idea you’ve heard recently that has stayed with you (it doesn’t have to be anything to do with politics or policy), and;
- 100 words about a website/digital product you love and why.
- Your CV (no more than 2 pages)
Best practiceDiscover More
Big pictureDiscover More
NEVER MISS A POST
Subscribe for the latest on shaping impacful policy comms
If they are to shape our world for the better, research and policy organisations must remould themselves. The writers in this series are known for thinking deeply not just about their own work at their own organisations, but about the work of research and policy organisations as a whole. They offer their visions, and show us that more is possible.Read articles
How are think tanks and research institutes viewed from the outside?
What do leading journalists, academics, lobbyists and philosophers think of the work they do? Vantage Point reveals what the world wants from wonks.Read articles