Start date: 1st February 2021
Type: Permanent (4 or 5 days a week – your choice)
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000 FTE
Application deadline: 17th December 2021
We are a communications consultancy that helps public policy experts shape conversations that strengthen democracy.
We want to see robust democracies, with people better engaged with the decisions and policies that affect them. Which is why we use data, strategy and design to build powerful campaigns that give big ideas the impact they deserve.
We work with NGOs, think tanks, and university research centres to better connect policy expertise to the audiences that matter – to craft policy ideas into human-shaped stories, and breathe life into them.
We work across all sectors, but we’ve developed specific expertise on the environment, national security, international development, and food policy.
We’ve made real progress on our content marketing over the last 18 months, and we’re now looking for someone to take us to the next level.
You may not be in the policy world at the moment, but you’ll have a keen interest in it. You’ll have a hunger to build relationships and understand new contexts. You’ll want to read our thought leadership not just because it’s your job, but because engaging with and debating these kinds of topics is something you enjoy doing.
Reporting to Tom Hashemi, our Managing Partner, your role will be varied. Its core focus will be managing content creation, driving engagement with that content, building our reach, and coming up with big ideas for set pieces that will grow our audience.
Specifically, we’ll be looking to you to:
- Oversee the production of a high quality piece of content to publish each fortnight, along with associated graphics. (Example here.)
- Take responsibility for driving audience growth and engagement through our newsletter, Twitter and LinkedIn, and coming up with big ideas that will do this.
- Shape our thought leadership content and run digital marketing campaigns to promote it.
- Manage outreach to prospects to secure speaking opportunities for our thought leadership.
- Procure and implement a CRM platform (and ensure it is used) in the next 12 months.
We’re looking for a self starter. Someone who will take ownership of our marketing and take it to the next level. You’ll be a proactive dreamer: someone who comes up with big ideas, and has the drive to make them a reality.
- The Business of Ideas is in Trouble: re-injecting facts into a post-truth world
- Why the public should matter to think tankers
- Forging the Think Tank Narrative
- Diligent, excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic
- 3+ years marketing experience
- Ability to write copy and create social content (e.g. GIFs, Memes)
- Interest and understanding of politics/think tanks in the US and UK
- Strong digital marketing skills, including newsletter management, analytics, paid social, SEO
Nice to haves
- CRM experience
- Microsoft Office skills (mostly Powerpoint, some Word)
- Event management experience
If this sounds like you, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: Marketing Manager”. Please send us:
- A short covering letter in the body of your email that includes the following (this is all we need – the rest of the letter can just say “Hello & Best wishes):
- 100 words on something that made you change your mind on a political issue in the last few years, and;
- 100 words identifying a piece of marketing you think is amazing (doesn’t have to have anything to do with politics or policy), and why.
- Your CV (no more than 2 pages please)
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You need to have permission to work in the U.K. for this role.