Specialism: digital marketing
Start date: ASAP
Job type: 4 or 5 days a week (your choice), 12 month contract, with the intention of turning into a permanent role
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 FTE
Application deadline: 30th September 2021, but we may appoint sooner for the right candidate
Benefits information: https://castfromclay.co.uk/careers/
We are a communications consultancy that helps public policy experts shape conversations that strengthen democracy.
We want to see robust democracies, with people better engaged with the decisions and policies that affect them. Which is why we use data, strategy and design to build powerful campaigns that give big ideas the impact they deserve.
We work with NGOs, think tanks, and university research centres to better connect policy expertise to the audiences that matter – to craft policy ideas into human-shaped stories, and breathe life into them.
We work across all sectors, but we’ve developed specific expertise on: the environment, national security, international development, and food policy.
What we have been working on…
- Promoting a sustainable ocean economy. The Ocean Panel, made up of 14 heads of state from around the world, have put forward an approach to manage the ocean sustainably.
We have been supporting the Panel with strategy, messaging and campaigning, to help them shape the ocean agenda.
- Improving school food in the United Kingdom. School Food Matters, the grassroots movement to improve the quality of food in British schools, has engaged us on a three year multifaceted campaign.
We will be engaging everyone from policymakers to headteachers to school cooks, encouraging each of them to see the value in better quality school food for pupils.
We’re on the hunt for a digital marketing-focused consultant.
You’ll be someone who can quickly build relationships (clients and colleagues), has a keen eye for detail, and is able to anticipate issues before they become problems. You’ll have a sense of urgency about you, and not be afraid to muck in to the most mundane of jobs (you can expect us to be right there with you).
Reporting to Katy Murray, one of our Senior Consultants, your role will be varied, but focus predominantly on digital marketing in some way or another.
One day you’ll be devising a strategy to increase newsletter subscribers. The next you’ll be creating a suite of social media content (both copy and graphics). The day after you’ll be implementing conversion tracking.
Working at Cast From Clay is about more than just client work. You’ll be someone with ideas. Someone who thinks outside the box.
At a philosophical level, you’ll be hungry to change the way policy experts perceive their role in a democratic society. We couldn’t care less what your political views are, as long as you have some.
You won’t be someone that is content with the status quo. Indeed, you may have debated whether policy organisations themselves are part of the problem.
We have been described as the “think tank for think tanks” by the communications lead of a top US think tank. Spending time thinking will be something you enjoy doing, but knowing how to turn that thinking into communications that will have an impact is crucial.
Things to note
We have returned to working from our offices in Kennington two days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays). You are welcome to use the office more frequently than that should you wish.
Our core philosophy
- Tom Hashemi, The Business of Ideas is in Trouble: re-injecting facts into a post-truth world, War on the Rocks
- Aidan Muller, A new model for think-tank communications (Part 1 and Part 2), Cast From Clay
- Aidan Muller & Tom Hashemi, Why the public should matter to think tankers, Cast From Clay
We are looking for someone that can tick the following boxes.
- A belief that the status quo isn’t good enough
- At least two years’ communications/ marketing experience, ideally three
- A digital marketing background, with experience of things such as building newsletters and conversion tracking
- Content creation capabilities (inc on for social media) and
- Social media management experience
- Diligent, proactive, excellent attention to detail, a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines while not letting the ball drop on other projects
- Right to work in the UK
- Paid social
- SEO/ SEM
- Video editing
If this sounds like you, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: Junior Consultant”. Please send us:
- A short covering letter in the body of your email that includes the below in as few words as possible:
- An idea you’ve heard recently that has stayed with you (it doesn’t have to be anything to do with politics or policy), and;
- A piece of comms you think is amazing, and why.
- Your CV (no more than 2 pages) as a PDF attachment.