Start date: ASAP
Type: Permanent (4 or 5 days a week – your choice)
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 FTE (depending on experience)
Application deadline: 29th September 2023
We’re a communications firm that helps experts advance policy conversations, bringing new solutions to global challenges.
At Cast From Clay, our goal is to get policy, unstuck.
We work with foundations, NGOs, and think tanks to help them navigate the complexities of policy narratives, and in doing so to shape the policies of tomorrow. We help clients figure out what to say, to who, and how – in a way that can move things forward.
No two days at Cast From Clay are the same.
One day you might be working on ocean policy campaigns, helping technical clients adapt their language to make it engaging and influential, and in doing so helping to push the ocean agenda forward. The next you could be working with a non-for-profit shaping their brand identity, marketing strategy and helping launch their new website.
We’re on the hunt for a well-rounded communications strategist and a creative campaigner. You’ll be someone who feels at home bringing your knowledge and experience to any communications challenge: from brand strategy to digital marketing.
We’re looking for someone who can think creatively and problem solve for our clients, and run accounts with little oversight from senior colleagues. You’ll be able to build relationships quickly with clients, colleagues and even interviewees. You’ll spot mistakes, ask difficult questions, and tell us and our clients how to improve things.
Whatever your political convictions (we don’t mind what your convictions are – as long as you have some), you’ll want to change the status quo and have a positive impact in the world. You will want to use your comms skills to bring stakeholders together and advance policy conversations.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A belief that the status quo isn’t good enough
- A minimum of 3 years in a creative agency (communications, design, public affairs)
- Experience in running public campaigns: incl. producing strategy, content and thinking through activation and community engagement
- Experience managing client accounts and building relationships
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good eye for design and experience working with creatives
- Ability to produce high-quality content for web and socials
- Budget management experience
- Diligence, with excellent attention to detail
- A proactive approach and a strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask and prioritise your work in fast paced environment
We’re always looking for new skills and expertise, here are some things that could be of use to the team if you have them:
- Interest and experience in generative AI
- Communications degree
- Video production skills
- Previous work in policy, social or political field
- Previous work in design (brand, print, digital)
- Something we haven’t thought of
What we offer
We offer a competitive benefits package for all our positions, including enhanced parental leave, sabbaticals, and training budgets.
- Office: we work from our offices in Kennington on Tuesdays and Thursdays. You’re welcome to use the office more frequently than that if you wish.
- Home office allowance: we’ll also make a £150 contribution towards kitting out your home workspace.
- Flexible working: tell us how you work best and we’ll do what we can to make it happen – including if you want a four day week, or want to spend time working from abroad.
- Monthly team socials: we like spending time together so every month we come up with ideas to do together. We played board games over pizza, went ice skating, organised movie nights, played a VR game together and went on llama safari at our local city farm.
- Training: you’ll get a generous annual training budget to spend on your professional development.
- Pension: we will pay 5% of your salary, matching the 5% you pay, to make a total of 10% annual contributions.
- Holidays: we offer 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays, and we close the office over Christmas.
If this sounds like you, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Application: Consultant”. Please send us:
- A short covering letter in the body of your email that includes the below (we don’t need any more than this):
- 100 words on an idea you’ve heard recently that has stayed with you (it doesn’t have to be anything to do with politics or policy), and;
- 100 words about a public campaign you love and why.
- Your CV (no more than 2 pages)
Things to note
- You need to have permission to work in the U.K. already for this role – we cannot sponsor visas.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, class, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.